Door Chime

First ... Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Posted: 4 years ago Quote #6085
Just wanted to mention this, although I suspect it has been mentioned before in this forum, but I'll second it.  My need is fairly simple.  I need the door chime to only apply to my exterior doors (each sensor should have an option to be assigned as either interior or exterior -- every alarm system I've had before can do that, so I'm surprised).  I have avoided installing a two sets of contact sensors [which I already bought] on 2 interior doors (one is the door to my home office).  Unfortunately, it will chime if I go out of my office at 2AM (I'm trying not to make this time a habit ;).  Really not nice.  I'd leave my office door open to avoid the issue, but it has a room A/C, so that doesn't work.  Manually turning the global chime feature off before I exit and then on again after I close the door will work, but it is a big pain (and I am sure that sometimes, when tired, I might forget).
Posted: 4 years ago Quote #6091
Hi Pau*****,

Thank you for reaching out in the forums!  We are looking into providing the feature you requested about having the door chime apply to specified sensors, as a way to customize their interaction.  We agree that this is a feature that would very much benefit the system.

On a related note, while I can't give any specific details at this time, I can tell you that a solution to providing alternate door chime sounds is very much in the works.  Again, thank you for sharing your ideas and suggestions with us - please keep them coming!

Jason,
iSmart Alarm, Inc.
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #7317
Just received and set up my alarm system.  One big feature we wanted was a door chime and it works great although as mentioned before, it sounds like a convenient store and is too loud.  We have it set to chime on the CubeOne and on a satellite siren but is there no way to control the volume of the chime on either?  

Even if we could turn the volume of the chime down we wouldn't mind the chime tone nearly as much and could patiently await new chime tones.
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #7360
I am set to receive my system tomorrow and this issue is kind of worrisome. We will be relying on the door chime because are kids are big enough to unlock and open the front door when we are in another room. I think I may wait to open the boxes in case I need to return everything until I hear a solid timeframe of when this issue will be fixed.

Jonathan
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #8036
+1 on the Chime volume.  Simple feature that needs to be added ASAP
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #8039
It's pretty sad that it's over a year later and we are still talking about the same crappy chime tone, we don't have chimes that we can choose from, etc.  Starting to regret my purchase a bit.  I don't like how iSmartalarm is locking down this product.  If you don't want to make chime sounds fine, then let me upload chime sounds to my cube that I paid for.  Updates for this product are too slow and it's customizable compared to an actual DIY alarm system.  I am tired of hearing the same respnse from the company "we are working on it " or "check our social media sites sooner rather than later".  
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #8040
bre******@gma**.com wrote:
It's pretty sad that it's over a year later and we are still talking about the same crappy chime tone, we don't have chimes that we can choose from, etc.  Starting to regret my purchase a bit.  I don't like how iSmartalarm is locking down this product.  If you don't want to make chime sounds fine, then let me upload chime sounds to my cube that I paid for.  Updates for this product are too slow and it's customizable compared to an actual DIY alarm system.  I am tired of hearing the same respnse from the company "we are working on it " or "check our social media sites sooner rather than later".  

Should say NOT customizable.
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #8552
Agreed, door chime should be customizable... I have been waiting for this option for months now..
Posted: 3 years ago Quote #8715
I just purchased my installed my cube and sensor yesterday and everything is working great but the convenient store Door Chime is throwing me off. I agree that there should be options or at least a different Door Chime sound other than a convenient store. Reading through this thread and do not see any timeline or response to updating this feature. Is this something iSmartAlarm is actually looking to update in the near future?
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #12802
Agreed with this request.  The door chime should be customizable... We should be able to upload tones and select which tone goes with which sensor.  The actual seven eleven chime is ridiculous. Time for ismartalarm to listen to it's customers...its been many years that people have been requesting this in multiple posts of this forum