Close

How To Create Custom Modes

Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2029
How To on How to Create a Custom Mode:

1.) Make sure that your phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network
as your CubeOne.
2.) Open the application and click Edit at the top right.
3.) Click the Panic button to create your custom mode and have it
replace the Panic button.
4.) Click the plus button next to the New Mode tab.
5.) This will now allow you to name your mode, and activate or
deactivate devices as such when you choose this custom mode.
6.) Once you are done naming your mode and choosing which devices you
want activated or deactivate click the upwards arrow button on the
right of the tab.
7.) Your custom mode will now be added to the modes list. Make sure
you push the radio button on the left of your mode to enable it.
Again, this will have the custom mode take the place of the Panic
button. Click Done at the top right. Then click Done at the top right
once again.
8.) The mode is now added to the "Control" page.
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2367
Yeah, so this didn't really explain what all we can do or what it means... Can you give us some examples of what we can do with this system?
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2369
p-w*****@msn.com wrote:
Yeah, so this didn't really explain what all we can do or what it means... Can you give us some examples of what we can do with this system?

From what I can tell, the only thing you can do (so far) is set modes to enable/disable certain sensors. So (for example) if you never use your back door, but are home and going out of the other doors, you could have a mode that only alarmed the back door. If there are other options, I'd love to learn about them.
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2578
I have tried to set up a custom mode, following these instructions, named it, and the mode doesn't save. I  can't find the error in my method. I have tried this several times with the same result - it just disappears.

Advice?
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #2580
Hi,
Are you using an iPhone or Android?  Make certain after you've completed setting up a custom mode that you click the 'Done' button in the lower right hand corner.  If that doesn't solve the problem, please submit a ticket here: http://support.ismartalarm.com/ and we'll help resolve this with you!

Jason
iSmart Alarm, Inc.
Posted: one year ago Quote #5787
Use******@me.com wrote:
I have tried to set up a custom mode, following these instructions, named it, and the mode doesn't save. I  can't find the error in my method. I have tried this several times with the same result - it just disappears.

Advice?

i have found this issue as well.  after you have changed settings to whatever you desire, clicking on done at the bottom will NOT save the settings.  

what you need to do is go through the steps as you would to create your custom mode and then after you have turned on/off whatever you need, you have to tap on the little down arrow next to the custom name of your new mode.  basically what you're doing is having that drop down menu with all the on/off switches close back up.  once you close that drop down menu, you will get a pop up message saying something along the lines of being successful or saved.  THEN you would click on DONE.  if you go back in and check you will see that the settings have been saved.

they need to make a fix to where if you click on DONE, that it should save as you exit.  
Posted: one year ago Quote #6567
Hi,

is there any option to trigger custom mode with the remote tag?

Robert
Posted: one year ago Quote #6569
Hi rob*****,

Triggering Custom Modes with the Remote Tag is not an option, but I will pass the request on to the right people.  Thank you for reaching out in the forums, and please keep the suggestions coming!

Jason,
iSmart Alarm, Inc.
Posted: one month ago Quote #14649
The 'Custom Mode' feature is probably the most useless feature as it stands today. It is basically adding another Arm or Home control. Apart from being able to select which sensors you want to activate, there is no additional customization to trigger the siren alarm immediately upon an intruder. Nor is there any option to turn off the beeping when arming the system. If you have little children, especially little sleeping babies, this is NOT the system for you. The 'Custom Mode' feature will not allow you to perform the customization that is needed. They should immediately add a few lines of code to make this system more versatile (literally takes a couple months if they know what they are doing), or consider renaming this feature to 'Rename Control'.

ER 1: Each mode should have their own settings which allow you to control the beeping, including silent count down.

ER 2: Each mode should have their own settings which allow you to control when the siren alarm goes off, including immediately.