alarm delay depending on sensor triggered

1 2 Next
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #15369
I would find it useful to be able to set an alarm delay depending on sensors. For instance when I enter the
House I trigger the door contact sensor. I would meed sone time to disarm.
Thinking about the keypad which I can only mount inside. Usually I want all others sensors
To set off the alarm without delay. The beeping warns the intruder and all he needs to cut off the power cable.
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #15370
"For instance when I enter the House I trigger the door contact sensor."

Why aren't you turning off the alarm with the app before you enter the house?  If you did this you would not have to worry about setting a delay before the alarm goes off.
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #15371
sha******@gma**.com wrote:
"For instance when I enter the House I trigger the door contact sensor."

Why aren't you turning off the alarm with the app before you enter the house?  If you did this you would not have to worry about setting a delay before the alarm goes off.

Exactly ... this is what I do because there is no other choice. Delay time should only affect the specific sensors you designate as entry/exit "zones", but ismart(?)alarm has globalized delay for all sensors at the same time which creates a big-time system vulnerability.

I'll use the arming delay feature when they figure out how the function is supposed to work and they get it right ... until then, no delay for me.
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #15372
The system is meant to be controlled by the app, before you trigger a sensor.  It is meant to alleviate the need for you to open a door where you then have to race to a control panel in order to disarm the system before it goes off.  It's not a vulnerability.
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #15373
sha******@gma**.com wrote:
The system is meant to be controlled by the app, before you trigger a sensor.  It is meant to alleviate the need for you to open a door where you then have to race to a control panel in order to disarm the system before it goes off.  It's not a vulnerability.

I was agreeing with you, chief. The OP mentioned keypads specifically, so you can arm and disarm the system without having to dig out the cellphone  ... or if you don't have it with you, you still have system control. The system has programming options for delay time and audible countdowns so obviously the system can function in other ways than your perception of its intent.

If you would like to use a delay and the audible countdown, the vulnerability exists because these features are globalized for ALL sensors. You cannot currently designate the "front door" as an entry/exit zone ... therefore, if someone were to break in through your back window, the system starts the countdown beep thereby alerting the intruder to where the brains of the system are, and there is the potential to easily defeat the system by ripping the cables off the cube before the countdown expires. In this example, the back window should not have the delay/countdown ... it should be set for instant alarm if it is tripped when the system the system is armed.
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #15374
I agree with...both :). I was under the belief that the new update will implement this feature since they are releasing a keypad...indoor so to reach it before the alarm goes on you need to set a delay, but that delay gives the perpetrator the necessary time to take action. In my home it takes less than 10 seconds to locate the cube since it's beeping. And a good burglar will check the sticker and read nicely on this page all the shortcomings and exploit them if needed. That's why I did not put any yard sign but the stickers on the windows and doors. From a distance it's not easy to make up the brand of the alarm. Coming back, it should go without saying that you should be able to put a delay on the front door sensor to be able to dial the code on the keypad in time. On the other hand you have the app and the fob. I know, you have no battery, internet is not working, etc...That leaves you with the remote that has the issue with the keys being wrongly design (old version of them). That's why I keep a remote in the glove compartment of my car. If I need to walk, I make sure to keep the remote clear until out of reach of the Cube so I don't trigger it unintentionally. I hope Ismartalarm is listening as they used to do ( even though it takes long time to act) but until than let's not be too picky and adapt and find easy solutions until they do make the changes. That doesn't mean we should not continuously ask for them until they do it :)
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #15476
I did raise thus prior to the app update.
You need this additional functionality to enable it to compete with 'traditional ' security systems out there. As well as only the front door for instance having a delay in full set,  you may need these contacts as instant alarm in a night set group as I have set up with the hall PIR then needing the delay when you go downstairs in the mornings? ?

Would be a great step  in the right direction I feel
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #15771
I just installed this system couple days ago and that's the first thing i noticed. I don't understand how that feature isn't priority 1 when they first rolled this out. The delay on all sensor is not safe and secure at all. It should be tunable for each secured device. I have an open ticket right now working through my spot funcitionality on LtE not working. It appears there's already other forums in the last 12 hours having similar issue. In my ticket I brought up this point about the delayed alarm. I hope the software developers are passionate about the product and work issue to perfection. This delay issue is a change that must happen or I'll have to return it and find something else.
Posted: 2 years ago Quote #16024
I agree! All alarm systems I have ever owned and programmed have the ability to set sensors/zones as entry/exit if you want a entry delay. All other sensor/zones will sound the alarm immediately if they are triggered.
Posted: one year ago Quote #16829
+1